Monday, September 19, 2005

Cream Custard

Ingredients:

1 cup milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 egg yolks
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

Heat the milk in a pan until very hot, then briskly stir in the granulated sugar, flour, and salt. Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until very thick. Add the egg yolks and cook, continuing to stir, for another 4-5 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the vanilla, and cool, stirring occasionally. Cover well and refrigerate until ready to use.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh my goodness. Oh my goodness! From henceforth, I am going to be dreaming of these delicious recipes! They all sound SO wonderful! Tell me, how do you make eclairs and cream puffs? I now have the recipe for the cream and the chocolate frostings-but not for the actual PUFF or directions how to put the cream IN the puff! :-)

Abigail said...

I'll post it tonight! I haven't made cream puffs in years, so I'll just post the basic recipe I used in that far-distant past.