Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Greek Salad Dressing

This is a fairly standard Greek dressing; as with all dressings, tweak and add ingredients to taste.

3 cloves fresh garlic, minced, then crushed
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard (I just used a pinch of dry mustard)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 tsp. sugar (I used a bit more, to taste)
5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. basil, or to taste
1/4 tsp. oregano, or to taste
If desired, a dash of thyme and a bit of grated parmesan cheese.
(I added about a tablespoon of crumbled feta cheese.)

Mix together and shake well.

OR GREEK DRESSING #2

I tried this one, too, and it's good.
3/4 cup vegetable oil (I used a mixture of vegetable oil and extra virgin olive oil)
1/4 cup cider vinegar (I used red wine vinegar, and a bit more of it)
2 tablespoons water
1 tsp. minced garlic
2 tsp. sugar, or to taste
1 and 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 and 1/2 to 3 teaspoons crumbled feta cheese

Shake well and drizzle over.

No comments: