Thursday, February 01, 2007

Crispy Baked Oatmeal


My sister Becky shared this recipe with me. It's the perfect comfort food for frosty, winter mornings, and it's very easy to make. It's a cross between granola and....dessert. (And because I offer information that no one needs to know, on the frosty, winter morning that I made it, I ate hearty helpings, and I was perfectly comforted.)

2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I didn't use this much, though. See-- healthy!)
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
3 cups old-fashioned oats
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 cup flaked coconut
1/3 cup raisins
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used nearly a cup, though. See-- unhealthy!)

In a medium bowl, combine eggs, oil, and brown sugar. In a separate bowl, combine the oats, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add to the egg mixture, stirring just until moistened. Stri in the coconut, raisins, and chocolate chips.

Spoon into a greased 9X13 pan and bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. This MUST be served warm with milk. (Not really, but that's how we had it, and I highly recommend it served so.)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love this blog nearly as much as your other. You have the most wonderful recipes...

abigail said...

I'm usually too modest to self-promote, but my generoous heart prompts me to snare everyone I can in the net of belly-building.

Hopefully, you're caught.