John made this for the girls and I one morning for breakfast. I took the liberty of calling it a drink because it's more practical to serve it to one's children in cups than in bowls with spoons, and all the mess that would entail. It's a delicious twist on cantaloupe, but if you don't like cantaloupe, I don't recommend making this, 'cause even with the orange juice and spices, it remains a canteloupe soup. I think if one froze this concoction, it would make refreshing popsicles, too.
Here you are!
- 1 cantaloupe - peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Peel, seed, and cube the cantaloupe.
- Place cantaloupe and 1/2 cup orange juice in a blender or food processor; cover, and process until smooth. Transfer to large bowl. Stir in lime juice, cinnamon, and remaining orange juice. Cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour. Garnish with mint if desired.