Thursday, July 25, 2013

Asian Slaw with Noodles-- A Non-recipe





I remember really liking this one.  From what I can recall, I sort-of did the following:


-chop some cabbage
-julienne some carrots
-slice some crisp sugar-snap peas in diagonal chunks

-cook some pasta (yep, pasta.  If you have fancy Asian noodles, use those instead!)
- Now, chill the pasta.

In a small bowl, whisk together the following, plus whatever else I'm forgetting:
-soy sauce
-rice wine vinegar
-brown sugar
-fresh, minced garlic (or garlic powder, for a milder flavor)
-cayenne powder or red pepper flakes
-salt and freshly ground black pepper
-a glug or two of dark sesame oil
*Edit: I forgot to type fresh ginger, grated or pressed!
Just saute the ginger and fresh garlic in a bit of oil before tossing with the rest.
All to taste, of course.  

Toss the vegetables, chilled pasta, and dressing together.  Munch away!  It's the perfect meal to make once the peas ripen.



No comments: