Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Marinated Chicken #2

I love this marinade, but it's a bit different every time I make it, hence the vague ingredient list.

About 1/2 bottle prepared Italian dressing (can omit this if you want)
White vinegar
Water, enough (but not enough to water it down too much, if you know what I mean)
Canola Oil, enough, but not too much
Lemon juice, several tablespoons
Salt
Pepper
Sugar
1 chopped onion
Lots of minced, fresh garlic
Parsley
Basil
Onion powder
And I usually throw in a bit of thyme and sage, cayenne pepper, and whatever else strikes my fancy of the moment.

Let cut-up chicken of your choice sit in this mixture in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 days, and longer is even better. Then, when you want to eat it, ovenbroil it in a jellyroll pan (or cookie sheet with edges) or grill it...outdoors.

Savor its savoriness until it's all gone.

No comments: