Thursday, July 25, 2013

Healthy Muffins #1 (Banana-Chocolate-Peanut Butter Muffins)

Mmm.  These were also good.  I totally threw the recipe together, so I'm glad they turned out.


 

Grease one and a half to two 12-cup muffin tins ('cause I don't remember how many muffins this made, but I usually try to make about 24) and preheat oven to 350 degrees.

- 3 cups freshly ground whole wheat (obviously, you can use store-bought, and your muffins will be finer than these, because my grinder only grinds flour coarsely)
 - 1 and 1/2 tbsp. baking powder
-  1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup sugar (or less, or substitute honey...whatever you want...they're muffins, remember!)

- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla

- 1/2 cup peanut butter, softened for a bit in the microwave or on a stovetop
- 1 mashed, very ripe banana

1.  Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and make a well in the center.

2.  In another bowl, combine beaten eggs, milk, and vanilla.  After combining peanut butter and banana, add to the egg mixture and mix well.  Dump the egg mixture all at once into the dry ingredients and mix only until moistened.  (Batter will be lumpy.)

3.  Fill muffin tins as you usually do and bake in a 350-degree oven until done.  (Again, I don't remember how long I baked them!  Some help I am, huh.)

No comments: