Friday, January 15, 2021

Healthy Muffins #2



Ah, yes, here are the carrot-apple spice muffins from 2015.  I'm preeetty sure that I just found my scribbled notes.   I threw these together, too, but if they were good enough to stuff the notes in a recipe box, then they're good enough to slap on here.


 


 If you end up making something from the notes that I'm preeetty sure belong with these pictures, and your end result is, say, a fragrant and spicy Indian masala sauce, do let me know, will you?  I'll warn the others who come after you. 

I Do Hope This Is the Right Scrap of Scribbled Paper

Makes a whole mess of muffins-- I'm guessing 2 dozen-- so grease 2 muffin tins, please.

- 1 cup butter, softened (I often use 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce)
- 1/2 cup white sugar (or honey)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar

- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla

- 2 cups flour (or 1 and 3/4 cup flour + 1/2 cup ground flaxseed)
- 2 cups oats
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt

- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 to 1 and 1/2 cups)
- 1 to 1 and 1/2 cup finely grated carrots
- 1 cup raisins

1. Cream butter and sugars (then add applesauce and honey, if using); mix in egg and vanilla, then stir in bananas, grated carrot, and raisins.

2.Combine the dry ingredients and make a well in the center.  Add wet ingredients all at once to the dry mixture, stirring just until  moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.)

In a 400-degree oven, bake for 10-12 minutes or  until done.

No comments: